Improve your Turkish reading skill while learning new Turkish words…
What is “Abi & Abla” in Turkish language?
ABİ is big brother, short form of ağabey in Turkish language. It’s also used to address senior males, showing love and respect just as to a big brother. It is also used for “bro” between male friends (and even between girls).
“Abi” is one of the most common words used by Turkish people:
- Bakar mısın Abi? Excuse me Abi?
- Abi bu kaç para? Abi, how much is this?
- Buyur Abi? How can I help you Abi?
- N’aber Abi? How are you Abi?
- Tamam Abi. Yok Abi. Var Abi. Sağ ol Abi …
ABLA is big sister in Turkish language. It’s used to address girls or women, showing love and respect just as to a big sister.
“Abla”, like “abi”, is heard quite often in the street:
- Bakar mısın Abla? Excue me Abla?
- Abla bu kaç para? Abla, how much is this?
- Buyur Abla? How can I help you Abla?
- N’aber Abla? How are you Abla?
- Tamam Abla. Yok Abla. Var Abla. Sağ ol Abla …
Are you learning Turkish language?
Then learn Turkish yourself with Turkish language video lessons, worksheets, books and courses for self-study offered by Dem Turkish Center.
What’s your Turkish language level?
Become a DTC member, download Turkish materials, study yourself, get online help while studying and take online classes to revise and practice.
Dem Turkish Center stores
Learn Turkish yourself with Dem Turkish Center video lessons, worksheets, books & courses for self-study.