What is “Abi & Abla” in Turkish language?
ABİ is big brother, short form of ağabey in Turkish language. It’s also used to address senior males, showing love and respect just as to a big brother. It is also used for “bro” between male friends (and even between girls).
“Abi” is one of the most common words used by Turkish people:
- Bakar mısın Abi? Excuse me Abi?
- Abi bu kaç para? Abi, how much is this?
- Buyur Abi? How can I help you Abi?
- N’aber Abi? How are you Abi?
- Tamam Abi. Yok Abi. Var Abi. Sağ ol Abi …
ABLA is big sister in Turkish language. It’s used to address girls or women, showing love and respect just as to a big sister.
“Abla”, like “abi”, is heard quite often in the street:
- Bakar mısın Abla? Excue me Abla?
- Abla bu kaç para? Abla, how much is this?
- Buyur Abla? How can I help you Abla?
- N’aber Abla? How are you Abla?
- Tamam Abla. Yok Abla. Var Abla. Sağ ol Abla …
Learn Turkish with Ali Akpinar
Merhaba! I am Ali Akpinar, a qualified and experienced Turkish language teacher offering Turkish language learning materials and courses online. Visit Learn Turkish language with Ali Akpinar page for more information and contact me by email at email@example.com if you would like to take Turkish language courses or classes online.