Istanbul city & trael guides. Old Istanbul (1975). A video about Istanbul in 1975 by…
Istanbul guide. Things to do in Istanbul – like a local!
You want to travel Istanbul for your next holiday and you looking for the lists of the best things to do in Istanbul to have a good time in Istanbul during your stay. You can find many lists for the best things to do in Istanbul made from a tourist point of view but how about doing things in Istanbul like a local? Here is a list of things to do in Istanbul like a local to make you Istanbul visit even more enjoyable.
Things To Do In Istanbul Like a Local
- Go on a Bosphorus tour and have a raki-fish meal in Anadolukavagi
- Drink Boza at the Vefa Bozacisi, salep on the ferry in winter
- Walk around in Kadiköy fish market, have a meal at the Ciya Restaurant and walk to Moda for a cup of tea or coffee
- Have a lovely meal at the Cicek Pasaji in Beyoglu
- Have a drink at Nevizade Street in Beyoglu
- Have a raki-fish meal in Kumkapi or Bosphorus restaurants
- Have a tea or Turkish coffee in Ortaköy enjoying the Bosphorus, Ortaköy Mosque and Bosphorus Bridge
- Go to a concert at the Rumelihisari in August
- Dig Tahtakale shopping area (behind the Egyptian market) to find cheap but good stuff
- Walk up to the Yücetepe Hill in Büyükada to visit Aya Yorgi Church and have a meal at the open-air restaurant
- Take a bus, ferry or boat from Europe to Asia or vice versa
- Have a tea or Turkish coffee in Salacak in Üsküdar and take photos of the Old City
- Have a balik ekmek (fish sandwich) in Eminonu
- Have a lovely breakfast at Sutis in Emirgan, cafes in Rumelihisari or Cengelkoy
- Go to a Fenerbahçe – Galatasaray derby game
- Go for walks along both sides of the Bosphorus, Eminonu to Sultanahmet following the tram street, Eminonu to Grand Bazaar following the market area, Taksim to Tünel along the Istiklal Street, along the Golden Horn, around Büyükada
- . . .