Learn Turkish yourself (with your Turkish language teacher) with self-study Turkish course for beginners
Do you want to start learning Turkish yourself? How about learning Turkish yourself with a Turkish language teacher?
Beside intensive Turkish course and Turkish classes online via Skype, we are also offering a self-study Turkish course for beginner Turkish language learners who want to start learning Turkish and obtain practical use in speaking, reading, writing, vocabulary and grammar of the modern Turkish language.
Read the information below, contact us using the form on this page or by email at email@example.com if you have further information and start learning Turkish yourself with your Turkish language teacher.
1. What is self-study Turkish course for beginners?
Self-study Turkish Course is an intensive Turkish language learning program for beginners designed by your Turkish language teacher who assists you to study and learn Turkish language effectively.
Your Turkish language teacher designs your self-study Turkish course and provides Turkish language materials, lessons and available online when you need!
Self-study Turkish course for beginners provides motivated Turkish language learners with the knowledge, guidance and support to make learning Turkish a permanent part of their life.
2. What does your Turkish teacher do?
Unlike scheduled classes, your Turkish teacher designs your Turkish course and is available to help you online and offline, whenever you need him to help you with your Turkish study.
Your Turkish teacher is someone who;
- Designs your Turkish language course.
- Gives you self-study Turkish lessons and monitor what you are learning.
- Available online and offline for your questions & explanations.
- Connects with you online to revise and practice what you have learned.
- Helps you stay encouraged, motivated and excited about learning Turkish!
3. How does the self-study Turkish course work?
- The teacher sends short lessons to the student (every day or every 2 days).
- The student study the lessons himself / herself.
- The teacher helps the student by email or Facebook if he / she needs help with the lessons.
- The teacher and student connects online via Skype once a week to revise and practice what he / she studied.
4. What’s the level of the self-study Turkish course?
Self-study Turkish course is designed for beginners who have never studied Turkish language and want to start learning Turkish with a professionally designed course program and a Turkish language teacher.
Is this course compatible with A1, A2 levels?
Yes. SSTC covers the grammar, vocabulary and skill work taught in A1 & A2 levels.
5. What’s the duration of the self-study Turkish course?
SSTC has 25 lessons (with revision tests every 5 lessons). You can study 4-5 lessons a month. If you want to take 4 lessons a month, you complete the course in 6 months. If you take 5 lessons a month, you complete the course in 5 months.
6. What are the lessons in the SS Turkish course?
The lessons in the course are: Introducing yourself, introducing other people, basic questions, use of “have”, use of “want” and future plans, present tense 1, present tense 2, present tense 3, comparison, likes & dislikes, use of “can”, obligation and necessity, introduction to past tense, ongoing events in the past, past tense 1, past tense 2, past tense 3, city tour, reported speech, home sweet home, future tense, general knowledge, plans and projects, advice etc.
See a sample lesson below.
7. What is the structure of each lessons?
In each lesson, you will do the following worksheets:
- Vocabulary worksheets Learn the words in the lesson and extra words and phrases to build up your vocabulary.
- Communicative lessons Study communicative lessons. You will practice these lessons with your Turkish teacher online.
- Grammar worksheets Learn and practice the grammar points in the lessons.
- Letters Study the letters at the end of each lesson for reading practice as well as learning new words. These letters are also used for writing practice because you write a similar letter and send it to your teacher for correction.
- Everyday Turkish Learn everyday Turkish words, phrases and dialogues.
- Interview questions Asking questions is very important when learning a foreign language. Ask these interview questions to Turkish speaking friends and your Turkish teacher when you connect for practice.
- Extra worksheets & materials You will also receive easy reading worksheets (with exercises) and relevant worksheets for extra work.
Did you know the letters for reading & writing practice and easy readers have audio (mp3) files so you can also improve your listening skill while studying Turkish yourself!
8. What are the materials used in the self-study Turkish course?
We are using Turkish worksheets (vocabulary, communicative lessons, grammar worksheets, easy reading & writing letters and list of questions) in our lessons. Beside the worksheets, you will receive easy reading worksheets (with vocabulary and comprehension exercises and audios) and other relevant materials.
By taking SSTC, you will start learning Turkish and improve your Turkish with skill works:
- Reading You will study the letters in each lessons and study the easy readers including Turkish fairy tales, biographies, news, myths, funny stories, folk tales etc.
- Writing You will study the letters in each lessons, write a similar letter and send it to your Turkish teacher for correction.
- Listening You will connect with your teacher online once a week to revise and practice what you have learned. Plus you will receive easy reading worksheets with audios.
- Speaking You will connect with your Turkish teacher online via Skype to practice what you have learned.
9. Online Lessons via Skype
You will connect with your Turkish teacher online via Skype 4 or 5 times a month (depending on how many lessons you want to take a month) to revise and practice what you have learned. Your Turkish teacher will also be available by email (or Facebook if you on Facebook) if you have questions or need help and further explanations.
10. How much does the self-study Turkish course cost?
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for tutoring fee and payment details.
11. Can I try a sample lesson?
Sure. Contact us using the form on this page or by email at email@example.com to discuss the details, take a short basic Turkish lesson and try lesson 1 for a week.
12. What happens after the self-study Turkish course for beginners?
When you complete the beginner level, you will;
- learn the basic Turkish grammar points,
- learn many Turkish words and phrases,
- be able to do basic everyday conversations,
- understand what you read,
- complete A1 & A2 levels,
- and more important you will be more confident to move on to the next level of Turkish – only in 5 or 6 months!
We are not offering similar self-study course for intermediate (and B1 & B2 levels). Instead we are offering online lessons including:
- Practical Turkish lessons covering communicative activities
- A Turkish course using Istanbul course book (B1 & B2)
Contact us using the form on this page or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the details, take a short basic Turkish lesson and start learning Turkish yourself with your Turkish language teacher in the right way!
Learn Turkish yourself with your Turkish language teacher!
Contact us to discuss the details, have a trial lesson and start learning Turkish yourself in the right way!
Problem with the form? Contact us by email at info @demturkishcenter.com
Teach yourself Turkish!
Option 2 for self-study Turkish course for beginners
Beside taking a self-study Turkish course for beginners with a Turkish teacher, you can also download Turkish language learning books for self-study including Turkish Grammar Workbook 1, Turkish Vocabulary Developer 1, Turkish Conversation Questions 1, (Turkish Readers) Turkish Penfriend 1, Turkish Fairy Tales 1, Turkish Fairy Tales 2, Turkish Penfriend 2, Turkish fairy Tales 3, Turkish Biographies 1, Strange News 1, Anatolian Myths 1, Anatolian Folk Tales 1, What Is 1