Turkish language learning guide. How to improve your Turkish listening skill?
Improving your listening skill is important when learning a foreign language for;
- Understanding what people are saying and talking about,
- Gaining fluency and improving speaking skill.
Are you learning Turkish and looking for ways to improve your Turkish listening skill, meaning understanding other people better or gain fluency in speaking?
If yes, here is what you can do:
- You can watch Turkish TV programs on TV, youtube.com etc. This, of course, helps you to improve your Turkish listening skill. However, watching TV programs is useful in long term. You are learning Turkish as a foreign language and the language in TV programs are more than advanced level for Turkish language learners. Watching TV programs is still a useful listening activity for your Turkish language studies.
- Listening to simplified easy reading texts is another good way, maybe the best way of improving your Turkish listening skill. Studying Turkish easy reading books helps you 1) improve your Turkish reading skill 2) improve your Turkish listening skill 3) improve your Turkish speaking skill because there are comprehension exercises to study with a friend or teacher 4) learn new Turkish words and phrases in context and improve your Turkish vocabulary. Check out Turkish easy reading books for self-study or Turkish lessons for self-study with audios offered by Dem Turkish Center.
- Another way of improving your Turkish listening skill is asking questions and listening to what people say. Listening activity is not only listening to long text, but also listening to other people saying things in the language you are learning. Asking basic questions to Turkish language speakers helps you improve your Turkish listening skill as well as improve your speaking skill and gain fluency in speaking. Take Turkish speaking practice classes online