How to get a credit card in Turkey?
When issuing a credit card to a expatriate Turkish banks are typically hesitant, particularly if the expatriate is not working or in permanent employment. However the banks within Turkey have no legislation or general rules on credit card issue, which means each bank applies different rules.
To be given a local issued credit card denominated in Turkish Lira, the expatriate requires certain standard documents, depending on the bank some other additional requirements maybe needed to apply for the card. Below are listed the typical requirements needed:
To apply for a credit card:
- Residence Permit
- Work Permit
- Telephone Number
Additonal Requirements for some Banks are:
- A Certian Minimum Level of Salary
- Proof the applicant has a minimum amount of assets.
How to get a credit card in Turkey published by IES Istanbul Expatriate Services
Are you learning Turkish language?
- Download Turkish language learning books for self-study – with/without audios! »
- Download self-study Turkish lessons – with audios & answer keys! »
- Download Turkish language worksheets for self-study – with audios! »
- Take Turkish language courses & classes online via Skype! »