Antalya is one of the top cities in Turkey hosting international festivals all year. The International Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival, one of the most popular Antalya festivals, starts on May 16, 2015 and ends on December 15, 2015. The theme of the festival this year is wonders of the world and mythology.
This festival is an exhibiton of sand sculpture, considered as one of the largest sand event in the world in terms of the size of the sculptures and the area the festival occupies.
Antalya Sand Sculpture Festival: Facts & Figures
- Festival theme changes every year. In this 9th year, the theme is “Wonders of the World & Mythology”.
- A group of sand sculptures from all over the world join the festival to give shape to 10.000 tons of sand in an area of 7.000 square meters.
- The festival is supported by Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Antalya Metropolitan Municipality, Antalya Promotion Foundation, Antalya Journalists Association and many other agencies and organizations
- The festival has a space for sand sculpture activities where adults, teens and children may experience and show their creativity.
- Exhibition space is open day and night, with special sound and light shows offering a charming atmosphere with many activities.
Enjoy the sculptures!