Antalya Guide. Places to visit in Antalya: Damlatas Cave
Damlatas Cave, 3 km away from the city centre of Alanya, is one of the most popular tourist attractions of the town with all those stalactite and stalagmites which dates back to BC 20.000-15.000.
Facts & Figures
- Temperature: 22-23 degree Celcius
- Humidity level: more than 90%
- Total length: 30 m.
- Area: 200 m.
- Height: 15 m.
Did you know?
- Damlatas Cave was discovered by engineers during blasting work for the construction of Alanya Harbour in 1948.
- The climate in the cave is said to be therapeutic for those with respiratory problems, especially asthma sufferers. Doctors can prescribe visits to the cave and time is reserved every morning for their patients. Therefore, the asthmatic patients form the most dense visitor groups.
Are you learning Turkish language?
- Download Turkish language learning books for self-study – with/without audios! »
- Download self-study Turkish lessons – with audios & answer keys! »
- Download Turkish language worksheets for self-study – with audios! »
- Take Turkish language courses & classes online via Skype! »